Swordcrown Caravans & Motorhomes are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of anyone using our site and the confidentiality of any information that you provide us with. The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use any personal information that we may obtain from you.
We take the protection of your information seriously.
Data Protection Act 1998(‘the Act’)
We are registered under the Data Protection Act and comply with the Act in all our dealings with your personal data.
Your personal data
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier.
We do not consider information that has been anonymised or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise as personal data.
How we collect personal data
Generally, we collect personal data directly from you.
This may occur when you:
- Purchase any of our products or services
- Place a telephone call to us, or receive one from us
- Provide your details to us in person at trade shows or exhibitions
- Provide your details to us via web chat or social media
- Visit our website
We do not obtain personal data from third parties for marketing purposes. We may obtain personal data from a third party when it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, or the performance of a contract. For example, a Credit Reference agency if you apply for a credit account with us.
What personal data we collect
Where Swordcrown Caravans & Motorhomes is the data controller of your personal information we may collect the following about you:
- Contact details such as name, email address, postal address and telephone number
- Your vehicle details where you have provided them
- Financial information such as bank details, credit card details. Card details are processed by a payment processor (Bank, Worldpay or PayPal) immediately, no details are stored.
- Your purchase history for marketing and accounting purposes
- Your IP address and browser or mail client details during visits to our website or email communications.
- Your marketing preferences
How your personal data is used
Your personal data is used to fulfil orders placed with us, to provide customer service and technical advice when requested, for compliance with any legal obligations to which we are subject, for statistical analysis in order to improve our products and services, and to contact you with offers and new products when requested.
Who your personal data is shared with
Third parties may include:
- Courier services
- Payment processors
- Business analysis services
- Email service providers
- Credit reference agencies
- Debt collection agencies
- Regulatory authorities such as the Information Commissioner’s Office
Your rights regarding our use of personal data
We make our best effort to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, relevant and up to date. As required by applicable law, we also respect your rights to:
- Request a copy of the personal data we hold on you. Upon receiving such a request, we will provide a copy of the personal data we hold in a commonly used and machine readable (digital) format.
- Rectification of inaccuracies in personal data we hold on you. Simply contact us if you become aware of an inaccuracy and we will correct it as soon as reasonably possible.
- Erase the personal data we hold on you. Contact us if you would like us to close your account and / or delete any personal data we hold. Upon request, we will delete all personal data we hold, other than any data we are required to retain under a legal obligation we are subject to.
- Ask we restrict, stop processing or withdraw consent you have previously given for us to process personal data. We provide the option to unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time, even if you have previously given consent for us to send them.
Please note that requesting we stop processing your personal data for reasons other than marketing may prevent us from being able to offer you products or services.
- Data portability. EU regulation 2016/679, commonly known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), provides you the right to data portability. We uphold this right by providing a copy of the personal data we hold in a commonly used and machine readable (digital) format upon request.
- Object to automated decision making.
How long we keep personal data for
We only keep your information for as long as the regulations say we have to. This is usually between three and ten years after our relationship with you ends, but it will vary depending on what data we hold, why we hold it and what we’re obliged to do by the regulator or the law. Typically, legal requirements are 10 years following a purchase from us, or after the customer/supplier relationship ends.
Securing your data
Personal Data held by Swordcrown Caravans & Motorhomes is stored on secure servers in the UK. We do not transfer EU customer personal data outside the European Economic Area. We hold data in various forms, including electronic databases and paper files. We strive to take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure your data is adequately protected and processed in line with this privacy notice. Such steps include encryption of electronic data, and physical access controls and security systems to protect paper records. Personal data is deleted / disposed of in a secure manner, in adherence to our data deletion policy.